Thursday, December 1, 2011

My first ever Fun Run! - SGV Fun Run for Learning

I've been thinking lately of the things that I haven't tried or experience before. I had tried mountain climbing (Pico de Loro and Mt. Pulag), riding on a plane (thank you cebpac promo fare!), spelunking at Palawan (blog to follow) and beach bumming (it was in Palawan when I first appreciated the beach). So many more things I haven't done but I thought of an experience that can be good to health and a hobby also, it's joining in a Fun Run Activity!
According to Wikipedia, A fun run is a friendly race that involves either road running or cross country running with participants taking part for their own enjoyment rather than competition. A fun run will usually be held to raise funds for a charity, with sponsors providing the revenue to cover organizational costs. Fun runs can include novelty categories, such as wearing costumes, and age categories for child, teen, and mature. Fun runs can also be included as a side event to a marathon or other more serious races. Motorcycle, snowmobile, and other motorized vehicle events are also sometimes categorized as "fun runs." Since it will not involved too much physical activity and not that expensive, BF and me decided to try joining FUN RUNs.
BF's co-employee invited everyone in their office to join SGV FUN RUN last November 6. Since BF knows that I really wanted to try running, he also singed me up. It costs us 300php/pax for 3k. Since it was my first time, i don't wanna risk my life (LOL) so I just sign-up for 3k only. 
I didn't buy anything and I didn't prepare also (do not imitate me..hahaha) and I just trusted myself. I know I can do this <insert super laugh here.>
It was raining hard on the day of the race. BF doesn't want to go anymore but I insisted. When the rain somehow stopped, we went to MOA because that will be the starting point of the race. When we arrived, a lot of racers were already there but the race cannot start because it's raining so hard!
BF texting his officemates


The start of the race was delayed for 45 mins (or 1 hr.). The rain never stopped but since everyone is interested and willing to join, the race started around 6:15AM for 3K. I was really excited while running and I was not bothered by the rain. There were times that I was tired and just walked but I run towards the finished line when I saw the "FINISHED" tarp sign (hoping to win the trophy! hahaha)
here's our pics:
Finish! Hey that was not the actual time!


BF with his officemates
Couple that runs together, stays together..hhahaha
We have another fun run this coming December. It's the Milo Marathon. And we are leveling up to 5k! woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment