Friday, November 29, 2013

Boracay Virgin no more! - Day 1

Every year, BF and I plans to have a getaway. It’s for the celebration of our anniversary and at the same time, to relax and rest from stressful work.  For this year, we decided to just visit Batangas. As usual, I already planned where we will stay. But for some reason, when a seat sale came up from cebu pacific and PAL express, I just found myself booking a flight for two going to Boracay. Thank God I was not able to reserved and pay a downpayment to a resort in Batangas!
Unlike our other trips, this time, all I booked in advanced was the accommodation. I didn’t even bother to research too much about Boracay. Me and BF thinks the place is overrated and too crowded. Surprisingly, I was not even that excited! But I regularly visit Boracay thread on Female Network and Pinoy Exchange, just to get an update and to also know how to go to Boracay from the airport. Thank you for this thread, I found out we will not get lost upon arrival.
We arrived at Caticlan airport at 7AM, thank you to Cebu Pacific because it was on time. The roads were wet that time. From the airport, we took a tricycle (130php, good for two, including boat fare) going to Tabon port. On tabon port, we rode a boat going to tambisaan port. And from there, we were picked-up by the staff of Blue Waves Beach House.





on our way to Tabon Port








for Boracay Mandarin customers only
Located at Station 1, Blue Waves Beach House is situated beside Ambassador Hotel. Actually, this Beach House is surrounded by some of the most expensive hotels in Boracay. It was high tide by that time and no sun plus we were sleepy so we didn’t appreciate the beach that much. We settled our belongings in one of the room and took a nap. We woke up lunch time and upon opening the door, the sun is all up and the beauty of the beach amazed us!





our room is on the right

This is the hard part; we don’t know where to eat! All I know was the restaurants are located in Station 2 and we just need to walk straight ahead in the beach. We passed by Willy’s rock, jonah’s fruitshake and many other hotels that I saw upon browsing on the net before arriving. We were really so tired walking, indeed our hotel was really located in the far end of station 1. After about 40 minutes of walking, we reached station 2. 








Willy's Rock


We ate at a Chinese restaurant that served Filipino food. I actually forgot the name, but it was near the carousel. Because we were so tired walking, we ordered a meal good for 6. Hahaha. Our bill was 1200php. Not bad.




yum yum sinigang na hipon!

We just slept after lunch, and on the afternoon, had our first swimming on the waters of Boracay. The waters were shallow so it was not hard for me to swim. But the waves were too strong, we were swayed by the waves.

Our first day in Boracay ended having dinner at Jonah’s fruitshake. I actually liked their carbonara. We also had our first taste of their famous shake. It was delicious but I think the taste of their shake was the same with all other shakes. Hehehehe. Our bill? It was 500php.




Probably you’re thinking why on Earth we decided to eat dinner at Jonah’s fruitshake?? Well, we tried to order in Plato de Boracay located in D’ Palengke, but their staff were busy attending the group of Chinese tourist. We just wasted 30 mins. of our night there. Please spare yourself and don’t eat here.






1 comment:

  1. My wife will be happy if I could take her to Boracay. I'm planning to buy an Affordable Boracay Houses to have our permanent residence there.

    ReplyDelete