Friday, November 25, 2011

Camayan Beach Resort Hotel - Subic

This is my second time around in Subic but first time in this resort. My first time was waaayyy back in High-school (4th year field-trip??), so I don't really appreciate the place then but now, since a traveler was unleashed in me (yeah right!) and I just had my very first camera (yey!) I just find myself observing the place, taking pictures and yeah, creating a blog about this and probably not only this place, but all of the place I've been and will be :)
Bf's sister came home from Australia last July 2011 because it's her daughter's birthday (her daughter is with grandparents, there's a certain age when sister's daughter can be petitioned). Since bf's sister really wants to meet me face to face (she wants to know if her brother has a nice taste when it comes to girls! hahaha), sister (let's call her Ate Baby) included me to their yearly family outing, this time in Subic. 
We left their house around 7AM. Travelling to Subic is very easy because we have NLEX and (i forgot the other expressway going to Subic). What made our travel not so good is because it's raining! I was really disappointed with the weather and all the time we were travelling, I really wish and pray that the rain would stop when we arrive in Subic. But sad to say, the rain just keeps on falling and it's like storm (exaggeration alert!). It's really hard to have an outing while raining! I hate rain when I'm outside the house especially we have kids with us! But then again, I don't wanna ruin the outing and my mood that day so I just enjoyed the view going to the resort. 
The funny thing (or maybe weird) I found out about Subic is it's like a ghost town (probably because it's raining duh!) but you know, I can't remember if I saw a single soul walking in the roads of Subic. 
After three hours, we arrived at the resort. The location of the resort is too far from the city. I guess because the way going there is like entering a forest (exaggeration alert again! hahaha) and it's one-way I assume. The view going there would be nice if it's not raining (ggrrrrr!!!). Well going back to the resort, we are early there so we didn't check-in yet and we decided to just go to Ocean Adventure first. When you chose Camayan to be your hotel in Subic, you will have a discount in Ocean Adventure. Ocean Adventure is just in front of Camayan. Bf and his brother go to the reception of the resort to redeem our discount and off we go to Ocean Adventure! 
Since we were early for the show (animals, sea lion and dolphin show)we decided to enter their Aquarium first (like the one in Manila Ocean Park but smaller and less variety of underwater creatures). The fishes we saw is like the ones in Manila Ocean Park so I was not really that interested anymore. I just took some pictures. 





I can't recognize myself! LOL
school of fish
Ate baby and her daughter Faith
 Afterwards, the time has come for their show! Though the rain is still pouring hard, the show must go on. The first show were consist of the bat, the snake, a bird (my favorite!) and a lot more (I forgot already). Since we were too far from the stage, I was not able to take nice pictures of the animals (sad). 
the bird my favorite!

nice setting for the show

yes that's a bat

the snake!
Definitely, the kids enjoyed the show! My favorite is the bird (i just forgot what it's name, bummer!). The next show is the sea lion show. This is the third time I will watch sea lions doing some tricks. So I thought I will not enjoy it anymore. But lo and behold! I still find the sea lions amusing and entertaining. So adorable! Hopefully they are well taken of and fed. If I will be a billionaire, I would love to have a sea lion as my pet :D.


The biggest (or oldest?) sea lion in Ocean Adventure
the two playful sea lions
How I love mascots!                                                  
BF and Ate peday with Angel, it's their parents at the back
Ate Mafe, Ate Baby and Faith
After the entertaining show, sad to say that it's still raining. Since it's already 12nn, we decided to eat lunch. There's a restaurant inside Ocean Adventure and you guess it right, I forgot it's name again and I don't even have a picture of the resto and the food they serve. Maybe because it was not that delicious and can easily be forgotten.
So let's move on with the show. The last show is the Dolphin and Friends show. Since it's raining so hard, we thought that this show will be cancelled. Well, we're wrong. The show still continued and when we went to the venue, the place is full already so we watched the dolphins perform while standing up. And in all fairness, the show is really amusing! (i'm still a kid at heart!). The dolphins are really cute and they are well trained.
that's not the dolphins! haha
the dolphins are below the trainers
It was already 2pm when the show was finish. Sad to say it's still raining! I really wanted to swim (even if I don't know how) and enjoy the place. But how can I enjoy the place if it's raining like there's no tomorrow? <insert *sigh here>
We went back to the hotel and check-in. Luckily, our room is located in front of the beach. The sad part is, it's raining!!!!! rraaawwwwrrrrr!!!!!


What to do in a rainy beach outing? Well, just enjoy the wifi! Download to the max. hehe. I really wanted to swim even if it's raining but nobody would come with me (they don't wanna get wet of the rain hihi). So we just surf the net, fb and yeah download to the max.
beach view rooms
The view outside our room

At night, bf and me decided to tour the place. There's a restaurant inside but there's no show. According to what I have read in other blogs, usually Camayan have fire dancers or it's like party all the way at night. But not on the night we stayed. Why? Your guess is as good as mine. It's raining!!!!!! So we just continued to roam around. It's really dark in some parts of the resort. Scary if you're alone because the resort is surrounded by tall trees and forest. So you'll never know, there might be a snake or dangerous animals around (exaggerated! haha).

Hallway


Breakfast will be served around 7AM until 10AM only so we woke up early the next day. It's a buffet breakfast and I really enjoyed their food (especially their pancakes!). I didn't have the chance to take a picture of the food because I was really hungry! We just had a group picture after breakfast.


bf's family and me

Soriano Family
After breakfast, Ate Mape and me decided to roam around the beach shore. The waves are really big (but not so much to the extent that people will be drowned) so the kids are not advisable to swim. But we didn't swim also because the beach is kinda dirty because of the non-stop rain.


the cottages - Camayan allows day swimmers (those who will not stay at their hotel).
I don't know how much is the entrance fee.
me and ate Mape at the mini bridge
gloomy weather at the beach
a lot of people still swims even if the weather in not good
Afterwards, we just prepared going home. i was really frustrated that i was not able to enjoy the beach because of the weather but on the lighter side, I was happy that I was able to be with bf and his family. I feel very welcome.


So here's more pics.
me in front of the reception area

at the hallway 

me and bf

me and bf's sisters


Will I still go back to Subic? Yes ofcourse if given a chance. But this time I will choose a hotel with pool and probably less expensive :)



No comments:

Post a Comment